Transit Method

Transit Method

Sunday, June 1, 2014

THE CRAZY ASS FOOD SCENE THAT IS TAIPEI

We ate everything you see here in 3 days. That makes us either superheroes or fat pigs. You decide.

Churning out dough balls to drop in the fry pot

The final product -- springy sweet dough balls in the cutest bag

She seemed nice, but her foods were pretty gnarly...

For those of you who know how large Cecily's head is....well this fried chicken was enormous.

Digging into the $2 piece of chickengasm.
   
Cream
Red Bean
He makes bomb scallion pancakes

These are them
The best goddamned beef noodle soup you will ever eat.

Spicy Wontons

Pork noodle

Spicy Cucumbers

Soy bean sprout salad

Pork and Crab Soup Dumplings (Xiaolongbao)


They may not look like much, but these were seriously the best sesame noodles either of us had ever had. And off a plastic bag!

He's a big Solt Lake City fan. And he makes fried things on sticks.

We got the seafood balls


This was amazing to watch being made. It started the size of a golf ball and ballooned in the oil...
Through a misunderstanding, I accidentally bought 5.

There were tons of crazy bakeries...


These hot dogs were very shiny

I miss this one. It was redonk.

They put hot dogs in everything
This is Sushi Express. 

Every plate is $1

Mmmm

We got a lot of plates

And after sushi, it's time for a pussy coffee.

The many shapes of stinky tofu

Beautiful fruit

Animal parts on sticks

Looks like tasty dumplings, right?

Just wait until he unloads the jelly. These were not good.

Single-bite Sausages

Braised pork and mushroom rice

Crab Thick Soup. More thick than crab.

Night market sushi. $2 for roe, scallop, eel and two uni (sea urchin). 

Tasty skrimps

Literally the best fried oysters you will ever eat. A huge ass pile for $5.

Pick your plates to put into your hot-pot.

When you're ready, a dude will come over and get it going for you and add their special broth.

Then they give you a ladle to stir it so you feel like you did something. And what we made was delicious. 
And when you think you can't eat any more, you eat shaved ice.
It's shaved milk ice with your fruit of choice, and a drizzle of what you hope is condensed milk. Bomb.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Cecily and Read – Thank you for sharing your journey. It is great to see your photos and read about all that you are doing. And the people that you are meeting are so friendly.

    Please be safe while you continue your amazing journey (That’s the mother in me speaking )

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you're my super heros! i am SOOOO jealous!

    xo galen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saundra, you'll always be our 1330 Mom! Update: we still have just the two suitcases but we've added a backpack! :)

    Galen there are so many Asian clothes I want to send you. We'd have Halloween costumes for decades. We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. halloween costumes for decades sound amazing. ship them on over!!! i'll save them for your epic return!

      Delete
  4. I'ts 6am and I'm reading through this again and now I want to eat (almost) everything that you showed, but that's not going to happen in my neck of the woods. So, I guess I will have to just scroll through this post several more times until I get my fill :)

    ReplyDelete